Monday, February 05, 2007

February 5, 2007

Good morning once again! Where do we run to in times of trouble? Jesus, yes indeed, and how do we come to him? We can come to him through prayer and the word of God. It is not necessary that we pray alone at all times, nor to we have to read the Bible alone at all times. Sometimes you may need a friend or a group to help with some particular time of trouble. It is part of our walk with Jesus and growing closer to him that we do get off by ourselves to pray and read the Bible. However, it is also good to enjoy a small group Bible study or join a prayer group. We are never completely alone once Jesus comes into our heart, but it is good to share with others also. Daily as I write this devotional, I sometimes do not seem to have a clear direction for what to write. It is at these times that I am most reminded that I am not writing for myself, but to send the words given me out to others. It isn’t that I don’t benefit from much of the writing, some days it even surprises me! However, it is a privilege and an honor to be allowed to write for the Lord on a daily basis.

May God give us the strength for each of us to do what he would have us to do.

Bucky

No comments: