Tuesday, February 20, 2007

February 20, 2007

Good morning! A difficult class is behind me; perhaps a bit of evening relaxation is in order! That quiet time has been eluding me and that may in part be responsible for the stress that I have put upon myself in the past few weeks. Just as we do not work the same muscles every day without resting, so the mind must be relaxed as well. Faith may be of a similar nature; perhaps we cannot exercise it constantly without rest. Working your mind through study is important, but I believe that I have been shown once again that resting the mind is equally important. Springtime approaches too! The sun shines a bit longer each day, the lows are not as low and the highs a bit higher, we can look forward to winter’s end soon. What a friend we have in Jesus! Yes, it does make a good song title and someone even wrote one. I think my friend is telling me to get some rest for my mind and that probably goes for all of us in this hectic age of information overload.

Take time for God’s peace!

Bucky

No comments: