Sunday, February 18, 2007

February 18, 2007

Good morning! Did you see that in Virginia throwing a drink cup into a car is a felony with a minimum 2 year sentence? Another of those cases has occurred where one must wonder if our judicial system has completely lost its collective mind. Even the victim expected no more than community service for the offender. Wow!
Another great movie is on the way, Amazing Grace: the William Wilberforce Story opens next Friday. That is one I want to see. His mentor in the film is none other than John Newton, the writer of that famous hymn. Mr. Newton has a very interesting history and I won’t spoil it all for you, go and see the film!
Some Sundays I don’t get a clear message for you, perhaps the Lord would rather we concentrate on the sermons from our ministers on this day. Did you notice that many of them sound the same? Yes, me too, and I once pointed to that as a flaw. However, the Holy Spirit has pointed out to me that there is only one savior, one message, one God. Praise the Lord for the many ministers giving the message of salvation by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus on this day!

Bucky

No comments: