Saturday, February 24, 2007

February 24, 2007

Good windy morning! Some of you might be expecting a snowstorm today and we may get it too. Have you ever heard someone say “he or she has the weight of the world on their shoulders?” Hebrews 1:3 says that Jesus upholds the universe with the mighty power of his command. Therefore, no one needs to try to bear up the world. We all need to learn our limitations on caring for our work, other people, our self, and our country. We need to let Christ take our cares as well as our problems for he is mighty and we are not. He gave us peace and how can we have that peace with too many cares on our shoulders? A couple of weekends ago, I asked each of us to set aside one hour to a quiet time with the Lord. Guess what? I didn’t do it that weekend and may have paid a price for that. This weekend my goal is to write the devotionals on Saturday and Sunday, and do my one hour quiet time each day. Certainly I will do more, but those are my only goals. I will keep it simple with the demands on myself this time. Lean on Jesus, don’t try to pull away from him. That old spirit of rebellion tries to get us constantly! Tell it to get behind you in Jesus authority.

Bucky

No comments: