Thursday, February 22, 2007

February 22, 2007

Good morning! The new day begins and we grow closer to the Lord with every passing moment. “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27) A straightforward message from Jesus to us; as of late, my heart has been troubled and afraid. The Lord has sent messages to me through my friends and counselors in this life and the peace of God has descended on me, renewing my hope and joy in the Lord. Proof once more that none of us should withdraw from our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Two or three will do, we do not need to meet in a church of thousands, but our alone time with Christ should be balanced with times of fellowship. Do not think that you bring nothing to the table in this fellowship. Jesus chose disciples and apostles from among several professions including fishermen, tax collectors, and a persecutor of the early Christians. The Holy Spirit works joy, insight, and love in each and every one of us, come together in confidence. Take Pastor Rogers’ advice also and confess your sins before fellowship with the Lord and your brothers and sisters in Christ. None of us needs to go out onto the street to confess; we wouldn’t want those in the world to take notes and get new ideas. Confess quietly to the Lord and rest in His forgiveness.

Again, REST in His forgiveness!

Bucky

No comments: