Monday, February 12, 2007

February 12, 2007

Good morning and a Happy Lincoln’s Birthday to you! It would seem that fog is the weather for February around these parts. Did you ever consider a task that you have done to be less than your best effort? My class assignments come to mind, probably because I am reminded of them almost constantly. I always feel, especially with the essays, that I could do much better given a bit more time. In this life though, we will never have enough time to perfect anything. I am not sure that I could achieve perfection even with hundreds of years to work on a project. The perfection we seek is found only in Jesus and our Father in Heaven. The point I am getting at is that trusting in your own self for perfection will always fall short. We have some idea of what perfection should be, but have a better knowledge of how short of that goal we are. The Law tells us daily how far from God’s standard of perfection we have fallen, but not how to attain his standard. God provided us a way through his Son, Jesus Christ. We cannot get there on our own, so he sent a Savior to bring us home. Only one simple condition to make a friend of the perfect Lamb of God, we must believe in Him.

Jesus is Lord!
Bucky

No comments: