Wednesday, January 01, 2014

It's Going to be A Great Year!

Welly-well! We have a white New Year's Day! It may seem easy to wish that this year will not become much the same as the last. We may find it quick to come in prayer with a wish that this be not worse than the last. But, harder it seems is to simply go forward in faith. This year is going to be a great year! Why do I think this; what reason can I have? Jesus loves me. I have no better reason. I can attempt to list a lengthy batch 'o resolutions, some I'm-gonna-do's, but I have no power to accomplish anything beyond what Christ enables me to do.

Today's snowfall has placed a clean, white blanket over the ground. This is a very welcoming metaphor for the new year. A clean start. A fresh opportunity. A new year to glorify God in all that I do. A chance to forget what has gone before and press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. This is going to be a great year!

Thank you, Lord, for the past year and help me please to remember that it has passed. Thank you for the new year that has arrived this morning. Please Lord strengthen me for the trials ahead in the due time, and show me your love each day. Teach me, Lord, that I may teach others of your Word, your love, and your grace. Enable and grow my faith in You my dear Father in Heaven. Silence my worries and fears, strengthen me to push them aside and work for your kingdom. To God be the glory this day! Amen.

Bucky

No comments: