Monday, September 16, 2013

Good News From Far Away

Good morning! I took a good long look as I walked up 1st Street this morning, but so far the river remains within its channel here at Julesburg. The watchers are watching, and some farm equipment and livestock has been moved. Thank you for your prayers; they are more precious than gold to me. I will continue to pray for you.

Yesterday, I received a bit of good news from far away. Someone among us is about to be a little happier in the coming days. We don't even need specifics to feel a lightening of the load we bear. One of our brothers in Christ has some good news and we share it. A sister in Christ is promoted or gets a raise, and all of us feel the joy. A child is born - I wasn't immediately referring to the Christmas one, but, hey, it is getting closer! - we share the good news and spread some cheer among our brothers and sisters in Christ helping just a little in their daily struggle.

Might as well go with it, I can't get it out of my mind now. The Christ child is born. The first Christmas celebration follows with angels singing in the heavens, shepherds taking a road trip, and wise guys searching for the newborn king. The child grows to a man and spreads good news throughout the region and through His disciples to the uttermost parts of the world. Good news is infectious. We love and live for some good news.

Some mornings, I look around at the circumstance and pray for some good news of my own to spread. Then, I look at this devotional and realize: all I have to do is push 'send'. Praise God for our good news of Jesus Christ.

Bucky

No comments: