Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What Good? - January 13, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! Job stress causes sin! No, that was excuse someone gave for stealing a lot of money as reported in my morning paper. Apparently the alleged crook gave job stress as the reason for theft from the workplace. I can't help but wonder: wouldn't stealing from one's employer actually increase the job related stress one feels? Sin causes a person to go into some pretty convoluted reasoning. I have seen it in myself at times and I might go toward the fringe in saying that most believers have done the same in their lives. Part of the problem lies in committing the sin and then trying to figure out a good reason to use as an excuse.

Disguises: sin comes in many disguises, looking closely the Holy Spirit will point out the errors to us, but we must be ready to listen! How many times have you or I scolded ourselves after the fact? Yes, way too often. Learning: it would seem that each of us has a long journey ahead of us. Speaking of learning, yesterday I read a different point of view on a historical text we studied in college. Fetching the book from my library, I found that it was not a difference in the story itself, but in the introduction to the story that I was led astray. Once again the power of the written word is demonstrated. We must trust in Jesus to guard our hearts and minds at all times!

In a dream last night my dream-self volunteered my time to an authority figure. Nothing wrong with that except that the situation in the dream had dozens of people who could have done the same thing. My first thought upon awakening was that I should not give away the time granted me by the Lord in an irresponsible manner. While I'm not going to get down on myself for a dream that I have no control over, the use of the precious gift of our time is something important in this life.

What good can come from listening to the Lord today? The quick answer is... all of it! The Lord is ready to bless us with all of His goodness today. Have a wonderful day in Christ.

Bucky

No comments: