Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Cold Cold Morning - January 27, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! Wow, winter has come back in a dramatic fashion! Cold this morning and it looks like we have clouds to block the sunlight too. Do you want to wake up this morning? Smack your thumb a good one on the metal edge of something. I did that yesterday morning and it does tend to clear any sleepy cobwebs from your mind in a hurry. I don't want to question God's handiwork, but does it seem like some areas of our bodies have way more pain receptors than are really necessary? :-)

I see another way in which the world would have us take a step in the wrong direction. Some arguments might seem a little petty; no doubt one could accuse me of that in this point. I read or heard an opinion about "believers in Christianity". Now this might seem at first to be correct, but I couldn't help but think that we do not believe in Christianity. As Christians we believe in Christ. The world would like to lump us in with believers in a religion. I like the change we see in our ministry from calling Christianity a religion to letting the world know that we have a relationship with Christ. I realize that some would accuse me of dwelling on semantics or technicalities of words, but to me the distinction is very important.

Ah, sunshine, that helps a lot, even if the effect is mostly visual at the moment. We see the sunrise and know that soon the air will be warmed by the sun. We see the Bible, and we know that soon the Son will arrive to bring us home. Praise God for the Son rising from the grave to save us all.

Bucky

No comments: