Friday, January 30, 2009

Do Our Work Well - January 30, 2009

Good Friday morning! How many Super Bowl parties are going on this weekend? I haven't heard of any, perhaps there are not so many football fans around as I once thought. I am glad to see a multi-million dollar athlete give the glory to Jesus. Sorry Steeler fans, I'm cheering for Kurt! Small task to do prior to the Super Bowl though... gotta get on the tax filings. The W-2 has arrived, the starting gun has sounded. The annual duty of all tax-paying, and that should mean all, U.S. citizens is upon us. Anyhoo, what am I trying to do this morning? Depress everyone with thoughts of taxes on a fine Friday morning?

Last night I asked for one verse, just one good verse to send me to sleep. I received John 14:1; "Don't be troubled. You trust in God, now trust in Me." I then had to ask God: How do you do that? He said, "I know you." The perfect answer from our perfect God! We are often troubled by predestination. The belief that everything we do is predestined and therefore not our fault. Of course with that belief in hand, people step out into the world and do anything to please themselves. So how do we have the freedom to choose, and yet God knows what we are going to do? Easy, He created us. Our Creator knows what decision we will make at every fork in the road. He knows when we will go the wrong way, not following Jesus, and when we will go the right way and follow our Lord. At the end of our earthly life, He knows right where we will be, not because we are not free to choose, but because He created us. In the new Heaven and new Earth, the gazillions of individual pieces that He created will come together to form the most beautiful bride of Christ. We are intricately involved and important in the creation of God's masterpiece; let's do our work well!

Have a blessed weekend!

Bucky

No comments: