Thursday, January 29, 2009

God is in Control! - January 29, 2009

Good Thursday morning! It might seem that I am writing at about the same time, but to me it seems very late. I just got up this morning. :-) Waking to daylight does make a different kind of morning. One cat is commenting about my tardiness this morning, something about his food bowl I'm sure. Last night we got the word, Philippians will be our next Bible study. I like that book; this should be a good in-depth study of one of Paul's letters. Luke has expressed an interest in joining us on Wednesday nights. Everyone take a moment to pray that he will come to our meetings each Wednesday. Am I putting his feet to the fire by writing about him like this? Yes, I do believe that I am. :-) When you know of a good thing, you just want to share it!

Took a break to feed the cats and myself... and now am really late with this... with a cat in the way of the screen. Do we need a "down in front!" here? Does the world seem out of control to you? Personal problems stacked all around, workload at work stacked over your head and on all sides, you or a loved one may have an illness that you can't even pronounce, and then we have a government that you can't understand? Who is the Fed? Why do they need to pay banks to fail? Who is in charge here??? Yes, sometimes the news and our own situation can make the world seem very frightening to each of us. The best thing about all of this stuff that is out of our own control is in realizing that none of it is out of God's control. The world my laugh at us for believing in someone we cannot see or touch, but the key point is that we believe. The world and its powers may think that we are beaten down, but our Lord is sovereign. One humorous statement that Pastor Rogers often repeated is always good for a little perspective in times like this one: "the Holy Trinity never meets in emergency session." What seems to spin so quickly to us, is taken into account in God's great plan. Rest easy and enjoy the peace that Jesus gives to us!

God bless you on this sunny day!

Bucky

No comments: