Monday, October 13, 2014

Pick Up The Tools In Faith

Good morning! You know, I just had nothing this morning. Whether the brain cells were not functioning or the ideas took off on holiday, I cannot tell. However, sometimes picking up the tools in faith literally means to pick up tools. A little work is required to start the day. Not work such as sitting at the desk and waiting for the phone to ring, which it seems to have done while I was out working, but the application of sweat and effort. I got the tires aired up on the truck. Of course they were not down so much as fear made them look. I know intellectually that radial tires do not show air pressure like the old rubber sidewalls did, but my mind still wants me to believe that I can tell by sight. One was down 4 psi, but that wasn't even the one I thought was down, and I doubt very much that I can tell 4 psi (out of 60) by looking anyway. The cat now believes that she is neglected because I got out the compressor, hooked up the hose, charged the thing, and then paid careful attention to four truck tires that give me no kitty-loving in return. She has a point, but I'm still not petting truck tires.

God gives us tools. We have man-made tools that we hold and use, we have talents, we have time, energy, will, and the tools of the Spirit. Paul called them gifts, but what we have are tools of love, courage, gentleness, self-control, gratitude, and of course, faith. We use the tools of the Spirit to worship God, cast out fear, overcome the carnal temptations, and to go forth into spiritual battle. In all things we pick up the tools in faith. Love is greater, but faith is necessary. We are saved by faith, and we do our work in faith. If love causes us to want to, then faith gives us the ability to get started and keep on it. Phewwee! It gets warm here in the sun. I need to finish up and move on away. Yes, I have faith the heat won't follow me.

May God bless you on this day,
Bucky

No comments: