Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Movin' On

Good morning as the dew point kinda sorta happened between my drive to the Bible study and the drive home. Dry windshield at 6:10, wet at 7:10, how do these things happen? Well, movin' on. Some things are no longer worth the time to chronicle. A day from the past reaches out to grab me, but let us move on to better things. The doors to fix my truck heater have arrived, but now the real work begins. It seems that I am about to learn more about what goes on behind my truck's dash than I really want to know. That space back there is much like the engine compartment. Do steel pistons bang up and down in the cylinders from exploding fuel air mixture and sparks, or is it little bitty trolls jumping up and down on the crankshaft? Does it matter? No, the truck goes and all else is what we pay mechanics to fix. I will assume there is good reason for naming those folks mechanics and not troll doctors.

When a past event reaches out to grab us, we must move on. That is not to say that it will be easy. Anniversaries of the negative type are recognized in mental health science as well as by the patients. The key is in thanking God for what we have now, and not what we lost then. Consequences of the past try to beat us down. We must gather up our faith in Christ and move on. Jesus warned us, "In this world you will have tribulations." Oh, Bubba, do we ever! But the Lord also gave us some good news with that: "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

The forces at work in the world are too big for you and me, but our Lord has overcome!

Bucky

No comments: