Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hungry For The Word

It's Tuesday, and that means I'm hungry! Wait, every morning at this time I seem to be hungry. Do you suppose there is something to that breakfast thing? Yay, I get to start the devotional with asking dumb questions. I'm also sleepy from getting up early and there appears to be a cheap pen on my desk encouraging me to vote for someone. Life can be so normal on some mornings. I think that I hunger for the Word of God partly because it is so different from other written works. What other book says that the main character sends His Son to save the reader? Usually, there is another character in some manner of distress. The Bible says that is us; I mean, those of us reading the text. How strange!

The Bible also makes promises about the future that are fantastical and fantastic, and yet also come true. Not predictions that only involve the cast of the book, but predictions that tell us world events. Above all the Bible says that this perfect being, a higher power than any other, loves the readers. How can this Word know that I am even loveable? The Bible says that The Word, Jesus our Lord, knows all things, and that His Father loved the world so much that He sent His Son to save it. All I must do is believe in this Son, and I am saved? Of course the journey of faith is difficult and filled with snares for us, but yes, that is basically it in a nutshell: For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. I love this Word. I'm hungry for more!

Have a great day in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: