Thursday, October 09, 2014

Am I The Worst of the Worst?

Good morning! Jesus saved Peter, but I denied our Lord four times. Jesus turned Paul's life in a new direction, but I could never be turned. When the stoning came, Stephen prayed for their forgiveness; I told the Lord to blast 'em. Of course none of that is true. But we must admit that at times we think that somehow Jesus is not quite mighty enough to save us, and that amounts to the same thing. We might ask, "Am I the worst of the worst?" Pride tries to sneak in the backdoor and say that the sin in us is too much for Jesus to forgive and save us from. Our argument goes: some of those old sinful thoughts remain, therefore, I must be beyond salvation or something like that. No, no, no! Verily, Jesus would say unto each of us, "My sacrifice covers you and all of your sins."

You and I may be great at sinning, but no sum total of our sins is beyond the saving grace of our Lord Jesus. The sins of our past may be as rotten as a landfill, but Jesus is mighty to save. We may look in the mirror of the mind and say that we are not lovable, but Jesus says emphatically, "I love you!" The cross proved the love of God beyond any sin. The resurrection proved our salvation for all eternity. The return of Jesus is near, and that is for sealing His victory over all sin by bringing us home to present us to the Father.

No, no matter what the Devil, his minions, or the carnal part of us says about how bad our sin is, you are not the worst of the worst and neither am I. Praise God for the saving blood and grace of our Lord Jesus.

Bucky, your friend in Christ

No comments: