Thursday, April 17, 2014

There Have Been Times...

Good morning, complete with clouds and the promise of rain or snow. In life, there have been times when I thought I was smart, but acted stupidly. There have been times when I thought I was kind, but hurt someone. I may have thought tough love, but the passage of time shows only cruelty. We all have those things in our past, whether we realize it or not. Our rebirth in Christ does not automatically mean that we will never do it again, unfortunately. In the moment, we may think that we are doing the right thing, but later on the realization comes that quite the opposite was the case. I hate those times and I really wish that I would always do the right thing. Praise God that I and all of us can learn in the Spirit.

As we grow in Christ, we learn to pause at times and listen for the prompting of the Holy Spirit. We don't do the same things in all cases. The enemy's traps must become more elaborate to catch us and trip us up. Is it any wonder that grandparents know how to spoil the grandchild, yet also hold the wisdom to not harm the child with too much spoilage? They have learned through a difficult bout of parenting how to raise children. We learn through a difficult bout of life how to live in eternity with Jesus and each other. Of course, most of the work by far is done by our Lord. We learn in the 'boot camp' of this life how to serve in the eternal blessing of Heaven. Praise God for this time of learning!

Bucky

No comments: