Saturday, April 26, 2014

But, I'm Only Human

Good Saturday morning! Yes, you may have heard correctly, the long experiment with standing up to write has ended. I can tell you that it is a good way to stop writing entirely. Better by far to lean back in the chair a bit and find something to prop up the feets. I think they call it a foot stool for some reason. I'm not sure what are all the health reasons not to sit all day, but I think taking 5 or 10 every hour to walk around is better than trying to stand. Okay, there is your practical part of the lesson based on my experience today. What can I pass on in a spiritual sense this morning?

Early this morning, waiting for the sun to come up, I thought that my tendency to make mistakes is excused by the fact I'm only human. Is that true though? What am I saying about God's creation when I do that? What we don't know is how many mistakes Adam made in the Garden of Eden before that really big one. It may well be that God did not create our ancestor to make mistakes in his gardening duties. Perhaps the expression should be something like, "But, I'm only fallen and in need of a Savior." That which we know as human today may be very different from what God created in the beginning and saw that it was good. What we will become in Heaven may be just as far from what we know today.

Enjoy the weekend in Christ Jesus,
Bucky

No comments: