Wednesday, April 23, 2014

He Will Be Here in The Morning

Good morning on this fine day! Did you fall asleep while saying your prayers last night? I did too, and you know what? God was here this morning when I woke up! I have in the past felt guilty for falling asleep during my talking with God. Yet, now I cannot think of a finer thing than to say my last words before the nightly rest to my Lord. Why shouldn't I fall asleep in the everlasting arms of Jesus? If I am so uptight in the Law that I must speak some ritual sign-off at the end of prayers, how am I free in Christ? Gasp, whatever will become of that uptight law keeper if he cannot say those closing ritual words just before the plunge into that undiscovered country?

Ritual prayers may have a place, but as for me just talking and listening to the Lord is the way to follow. I could sit down at the computer and attempt to write the perfect prayer. Perhaps, I would succeed in my opinion after some weeks or months of labor. Then, a year later, I might open up that perfect prayer file and, hey!, it wouldn't be perfect anymore. My needs may have changed, but more likely my knowledge of God and His great love grew up a bit more. The perfect prayer is the one given wholly and unreservedly to God each time we pray.

Let me, dear Lord, not worry about the form but simply throw myself into your grace on this day.

Bucky

No comments: