Friday, April 04, 2014

That's The Best You Have?

The end of an exhausting work day. Two days of nearly constant phone calls, hours of grunt work to push a new web site, passwords impossible to recall, problems to solve, and now, NOW, the rotting pumpkin shows up with gray nastiness oozing out the backside where I couldn't see it! Ha, ha, ha! Like Sisyphus I laugh at you! That is the best you can do to the tired Christian on a Thursday evening? World, I mock thee. My God is all powerful; my Savior with me at all times. Of course I discover such a thing at the end of a long day and weary week, I expected nothing less of you. But, you cannot have me. I will not sink down to despair when the good news of Jesus lives in my heart!

The morning of Friday is here! A new day to glorify the Lord. The week may be tough, but the week will end as has been commanded by God long ago. We mock the world's woes in the strength of the Lord, but never to test the Lord. No, for we know that should the Lord withdraw the least of His strength, we would be lost in a tidal wave of worldly persecution. We stand only in the strength of our Lord. The world may lay us low at times, but Jesus has overcome the world. One day, He will reign. Not that one who desires our destruction now, but the One who died to set us free. He, the Christ, will reign forever. For a little time we are tried in the furnace of the world. Sometimes we can laugh at the trial, other times we weep for the pain of it. One day, one day very soon, our Lord Jesus returns to take up His kingdom. May it come swiftly on the wings of the morning!

Bucky

No comments: