Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Nope, Don't Work That Way Neither

Ha, working on my new program this week - spading the garden. One problem I can see already is in digging for a bit and then trying to switch over to typing. I think it diminishes my usual blazing speed of 20 or 30 words per minute. Hmm, yup, I never did exactly smoke those typing tests back in the day. Of course, if I could type over 200 wpm, then maybe I could impress God and He would choose me. No? Man, what does it take? We know that is the wrong direction. An impressive resume of skills and education may impress a human boss, but that isn't what God is looking for to fill His team. I don't know about you, but I find it too easy to think that God is looking for those with enough degrees, certificates, skills, gifts, talents, or experience because that is what the world looks for in a man. Oh, wait, I forgot that one thing the world seems to value above all others - he or she looks good on TV.

Okay, maybe I ain't that either, but I seem to recall some interesting verses regarding who God might choose. Verses such as Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." All you? That sounds like just anyone who is burdened in this world. I think I can qualify there. How about that famous one, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Hmm, I think most of us can make it into 'whoever'. How many is most? Probably, and you can see this one coming, whoever wants to believe! Oh, yeah, qualified for the team once again!

God doesn't choose the special or accomplished people. God chooses people because we are all special to Him. Born again in Christ, we are now re-creations of God.

Enjoy the day with Jesus!
Bucky

No comments: