Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day - February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! This day is a celebration of our valentines, those people who show up at our house each night looking for a meal, a place to stay, and even sleep with us in our beds... yikes! Yes, this day is the day we celebrate spouses. Some of you may have valentines who have not yet progressed to the point of living in your home, or you are like me and do not have a valentine at all... unless I can count my cats that is, but they sleep out on the couch, which can also happen with spouses if they forget Valentine's Day. Today we celebrate the love of Jesus in us. He gave us the command to love one another, and that does not leave out our valentines. This day is set aside to celebrate the romantic love of a man and a woman. Tonight gifts will be exchanged, a special meal served, and then... at least that's what I've heard from those who do this kind of thing. On a day when I am the outsider, all I can do is pray that y'all will enjoy this day with your spouse and lover.

Have a glorious and blessed Valentine's Day!

Bucky

No comments: