Saturday, February 07, 2009

That Whisper - February 7, 2009

Good Saturday morning! One week to Valentine's Day if you need to get something done for your valentine! Today I pause a moment to ask God what I should write about this morning. The answer is: "Write about Me: peace, joy, love, encourage, don't be afraid..." Today I also thought of a treasure hunt. I have heard that there are 365 places in the Bible where God tells us to not be afraid or troubled, or even don't worry. I think that I will spend a few minutes each day trying to find all of those verses. In difficult times we do what may become overlooked in times of ease, we look to God and get into His holy word. It has been said that God sends trials to bring us closer to Him. It was true in the early days of this country, and I believe that it is true now. Look for another Great Awakening to happen soon; be a part of it and be ready to welcome new believers into God's kingdom!

Today the opportunities for service abound! All around us are chances to think of someone other than "me". A whisper in our mind says, "can't"; God says, "I will strengthen you". The whisper says, "flee the turmoil"; God says, "My peace I give to you". The whisper says, "hide here, the end is now"; God says, "Rejoice, I am coming soon!" We stand up to agree with John, "Amen, come Lord Jesus!" Every day we will face that insidious whisper. Just remember that it lies. God is our strength and shield in every adversity. We seek the approval of the Almighty One, God the Father. We have one very wonderful reason to deny the whispers of can't, flee, and hide; we have the Lord of lords and King of kings sending us forth into battle. Enjoy the day, have peace in Christ, and love one another as He commanded!

God bless you all,

Bucky

No comments: