Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Saturday Thought or Two - February 21, 2009

Good Saturday morning! Tis a mite cold out today, but not anything we aren't used to. I still love my friends at Cabela's and a congrats to them today for a better than expected fourth quarter last year. The stock price went up more than 35% yesterday; good for them! That may seem like a strange attitude for someone laid off by that same organization last year, but that is just what Jesus calls us to do. Celebrate and sorrow with those we love, and forgive those who hurt us. Isn't it great to see someone succeed? I like it when one of you has a story of success in your lives, and I'm sure that you want me to succeed as well. Love enjoys the success of those we love!

I received comfort from a friend yesterday; that too is something we do in Christ. Years ago I thought that I could make it on my own. You may have gone through a period like this too. What do you remember most about that period? Probably not your total trust in God. How long did you go before returning to Christ? What did it take to get you to turn from that belief in your own abilities and strength? I suppose the question might be: how far will God go to get one of us back? One thing I like to do fairly often is to thank God for how long he waited and how far he went to bring me back to the fold. The patience of God is not something to take for granted, and I am glad that we all remember gratitude in our prayers!

Have a great weekend in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: