Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not the Same - February 17, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! The Light of our Lord Jesus shines on us this day. I like the advice we give each other in the Holy Spirit! Do you notice that when we gather together the inspiration and insight does not come from just one person? Of course we look to our pastors to give us this, but I have noticed that over time this has been changed to a less passive experience as I have grown in the faith. Some of us may learn to listen more, and others learn to speak out more, but all of us come together to learn from the Holy Spirit. That is not to say that all of us become the same, but rather that all of us become more like Jesus while not losing our individuality. God created each of us to be a special offering to Him. I don't think that He did that just to make us all the same!

Progress Report! I have found 3 times in Genesis where the Lord specifically says "Do not be afraid" I am keeping the search narrow at this time for there are certainly other assurances in Genesis such as "I will be with you" and prophecies of what will happen. I find it a lot of fun to look for something like that through the entire Bible.

God bless and keep you this day!

Bucky

No comments: