Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Grateful Day - February 11, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! And I do mean good! I found a little card the other day, just a small thank you card from many years past. The interesting thing is that I do not want to throw this away. A little "thank you" goes a long way! We often forget gratitude in the rush of events that seems to be the norm in our daily schedules. As an outsider to that rush, I have been given the gift of a back seat view. Life has slowed down a bit from my point of view, but that just gives me more time to worry... if I don't keep my focus on Jesus. The act of sending a little "thank you" here and there may be one of those things lost to the rush. Thank you for taking the time to read this devotional! I know that some of you will read it after arriving at work, perhaps hoping to get a note of encouragement before the hectic schedule of the workday drives away all thought from your mind. Back in the day, not even 6 months ago back in the day that is, I liked to arrive at work early just to take a breath before the mob arrived and the phone calls and e-mails started flying. Well the phone calls and e-mails bother me no more! It's funny how the Lord can use a little illness to make us stop and appreciate where He has brought us to. This morning, we start a new day. How far has the Lord brought you and I this day? A nice thank you may be in order eh? :-)

Have a grateful day in the Lord!

Bucky

No comments: