Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Focus on Jesus - February 10, 2009

Good Tuesday morning! Do you feel ordinary? Some people have been critical of ministers cheering us on, perhaps hoping that all ministries will reflect the doom and gloom in their own hearts. Today, feeling a little ill over the past few days, I felt a bit less than ordinary. We may put tremendous pressure on ourselves to accomplish great things. To me this is not letting your life die and living in Jesus. In Christ, we live as He would have us to live and He accomplishes great things through each of us. If I cling to the gloom in my mind from feeling a bit down, then that will be what I pass on to you through my writing. You don't need that to start the day, and I don't want to be one who does that kind of thing.

Of course the cure for that is to not focus on me and instead focus on Christ. A trial or problem in this world does not cause us to lose the salvation earned by Christ on the cross. We cannot be booted out of our heavenly inheritance because of what we suffer in this life. If we have good deeds shining in the treasure chest of our heavenly home these will not be tarnished by what happens here on earth. Jesus came to save the world and we are not less saved by how we might feel on a particular day. Jesus loves you and me. As Paul notes in Romans, nothing can change that fact and nothing can separate us from the love of Christ!

As the sun streams in the window of my house, I reflect on the first morning of the week, not this week, but the one where Jesus' body could not be found in a human tomb. The grave could not hold our Lord and the passing trials of this life will not hold His love back from us.

Have a joyful day in Christ!

Bucky

No comments: