Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Coming! - February 25, 2009

Good Wednesday morning! We are enjoying a few days of spring-like weather, but it seems that it will be over tonight. This is the time of year that I think most of us are looking forward to a change from the cold of winter. The dark months are passing away once more and we can soon wake up to the sun and enjoy some daylight in the evenings too. Every year we are given a living example of a new beginning. I always enjoy the arrival of winter, but it seems to go on just a bit too long and the winter depression gets to me. I have asked around and found some friends that feel the same thing. We are creatures of the light, and the long winters can be a real depressor for us. One thing we do know, the light is coming. Of course I speak of the arrival of Jesus, but also the arrival of spring. Is it any wonder we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead in the springtime?

Last night, or I suppose all of yesterday, was Mardi Gras, and today is Ash Wednesday. If you celebrate or observe Lent, then today begins a period of abstinence culminating in Easter. I may not have that exactly right because I do not participate. I am always glad to see it arrive though because it means that spring is near, the days are getting longer, and most importantly, Easter will soon arrive. The great celebration of our Lord's death and resurrection will soon be here!

Signs that the next Great Awakening will soon arrive are in the air, and it isn't just from the arrival of spring! The news is anecdotal right now, but I am sure that is how the first great revival in America started. I believe this nation will soon turn back to God in a big way. Don't just watch, jump in with both feet and enjoy the ride!

May God bless this nation,

Bucky

No comments: