Friday, September 07, 2007

September 7, 2007

Good Friday morning! The mornings remind us that autumn is not far away now, as they become cooler with each passing week. Today we have the second half of that big customer service move. Yesterday, sometime after arriving at work, a cold came to visit me. It has been a while since I had one and I can't say that I really missed it. A cold is an annoyance, but it does serve to remind me that God is in control. A sign of the fallen world, viruses are one of the more successful life forms by worldly standards. However, if the same ability to spread were given to a more lethal virus, we might all be dead in a just few weeks. That is how the common cold reminds me that God is in control.

Does that mean I get all giddy over this latest trial? Goodness no! I thank God for this latest trial and I will be even more grateful when it is over. Christians are not going to be happy over the latest calamity to strike, but we do thank God for using the trials of life to bring us closer to Him. Without the trials and problems, we might begin to think that we have it made and don't need God. Nothing could be further from the truth! Even when things seem to be going well, we need to draw closer to God. A time of healing approaches, let the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ flow over you this day.

Your friend in Jesus,

Bucky

No comments: