Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13, 2007

Good morning! The sun has not yet come up, but the Son has risen indeed! I do feel better today, even though the lingering effects of the flu bug are still annoying me. The trials of life are difficult, but there is so much worse that can happen to any one person. Some days we awaken to frightening news; will we have a recession or another terrorist attack? Will you or I be able to sell our house? Will our great-grandchildren face the possibility of serving in Iraq? The media brings us tales of dread and woe, more than enough to satisfy the most pessimistic curmudgeon. In this life, as we come out of one dark valley, we may have only a brief respite before facing the next valley of shadow. Praise God that He leads us through these valleys. As I come out of one valley, and do not look forward to the next since Jesus told me to only worry about today, I do think of the calling. I ponder the Great Commission and what my part may be or where I can best serve. As you could tell me, it is not for me to worry about where I can best serve, for I cannot see all of God's plan from my little viewpoint. Praise God for that! Salvation of this world is too heavy a responsibility for any of us to bear.

I need to get ready for work, and today I will leave you with and in the love of Jesus, our Lord and Savior.

Bucky

No comments: