Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11, 2007

Good morning. It is Patriot Day, a day to remember the victims of the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and the sacrifices of our service personnel in the war on terror. It somehow doesn't seem right to append a "happy" to the front of this day, but I wish you joy in even the remembrance of this day. To work or not is a bit up in the air today. I'm better, but not healed all the way just yet. The first morning in the 30's has arrived, heralding the arrival of autumn. Yes, I read 39.8ยบ on the thermometer this morning. Soon the leaves will change and the beauty of fall will burst forth to glorify the Lord.

I remember clearly what I was doing the morning of Sept. 11, 2001 and how I first found out about the attacks on the World Trade Center. Some events are so significant in this life, that we remember many of the things associated with them. Our parents told us how they remembered what they were doing when news of the Kennedy assassination or the first moon landing arrived in their homes. Their parents remember the day the news of Pearl Harbor broke. What will our neighbors remember on the day the Church is raptured? Will it be like the Left Behind story where chaos ensues and the Antichrist steps into the confusion to seize power? Do your neighbors know enough about your faith that the first thing they would do is run to your house to see if you have vanished in the "blink of an eye"?

My neighbors seldom see me in the first place. Much of my life is spent at work or in school. It would probably be a few days before anyone near my home thought to check on me. Work would be a different story, but I know they would be missing many more than just me, and a great "Hallelujah!" for that. Yes, we do look forward to that great day of the Lord!

What a wonderful assurance we have in Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: