Friday, September 14, 2007

September 14, 2007

Good Friday morning! Did anyone catch the Presidential address last night? I watched some of it, but I think the always so carefully constructed "leaks" kind of ruin any surprises. After a person is finished reading the press "leaks" it hardly seems worthwhile to endure the speech. To God be the Glory! I would much rather hear someone speak of Jesus and his love. However, we are all missionaries to this world and withdrawing from it is not our mission. Yes, we do take time to withdraw in prayer and communion with the Father, and also with our brothers and sisters in Christ, but we cannot pull away from the world without sharing our Good News. I realize that watching one of President Bush's speeches is much like watching cheese mold, but we should try to pay attention and know what is going on in this world. Perhaps I am just spoiled by the wonderful ministers whom God has sent to us, but our dear President could really use an injection of life in his addresses. Yup, now I'm the critic. I do not envy the President his job and heavy responsibility. Let us pray for our leaders in the White House and Congress today.

God bless you all,

Bucky

No comments: