Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007

Good morning to you! We came very close to the freezing mark last night. Autumn is arriving in a big way. You might ask "is the weather all they talk about out there?" There are no mountains, oceans, forests, or even landmarks out here. We aren't really a desert, but very dry. We have rain, but not much of it. We have tornadoes, but very few and they seldom hurt anyone. The fields all look very much the same and one buffalo grass covered hill looks much like any other. So yes, we do talk about the weather a lot; without trees, you can see the weather coming too.

I must confess that I had told myself that it did not matter what my new job grade would be after the reorganization. Last week the Lord showed me that it did matter and that I was lying to myself. A mistake was made somewhere in the bureaucracy and my new job was a pay grade lower. That did matter to me, after all none of us would like to be demoted. My bosses have assured me the mistake will be corrected, but that did wake me up a bit. Although I am not spreading it around at work, it is no secret that I want to write full time. However, I still want to do well at my job and would like that to be recognized occasionally. First things first though, college is not yet finished, and I get closer to graduation each day.

Autumn, the darkness has more hours than the light now. We know that it is never truly dark with Jesus. Though the times and news may seem dark, and it is getting gloriously dark, we walk in the light. Pray today for those still lost in the darkness and hold on to that hope of Christ's return!

God bless you all,

Bucky

No comments: