Monday, September 10, 2007

September 10, 2007

Good morning. It is wet and rainy here today, and my cold kind of fits the weather. I will be staying home today with a nice cough to keep me company. Did you ever start feeling pity toward yourself and want to confess everything back as far as you can remember? Colds usually make me feel that way, but it is the wrong direction to go. God has forgiven our sins, we do not need to rehash them ad infinatum. Put those dark memories aside and trust in God to see you and me through the trials of this life.

I hate having a cold, and I'm sure you do as well. Being sick with something is a sign of the fallen world. We can be grateful for the trials that bring us closer to God, but the Bible doesn't say that we have to enjoy the illness. It wouldn't be much of a trial if it was fun or enjoyable! What we do enjoy is God leading us through that dark valley of illness, and coming out the other side once more.

Is all down and grey today? Well, no. I cannot help but think of waking up to find half of a moose's antler in my yard yesterday. That is something that will make you pause your stride. I did briefly wonder where the remainder of the moose might be, but didn't really think it would be anywhere around here. Living in a town of hunters, it proved to be a piece of yard accent from one of the neighbors, probably drug over by a wandering mutt or kid. The neighbor came over around noon and drug the errant yard accent back to its usual resting place. I'm not quite sure why he would want someone to think that moose antlers were shed in his flower bed, but that's the way it goes around here. I'll get back to practicing my cough, and leave you in peace for the day.

God bless you!

Bucky

No comments: