Wednesday, September 05, 2007

September 5, 2007

Good morning! It wasn't that long ago that I wrote this devotional around 0530 and commented on the sun rising. Well, with my new work hours, I am writing this at 0620 and can still comment on the sun rising. Yes, the autumnal equinox is near, about seventeen days now if my calendar is correct.

Today I read in Newsweek and MSNBC.com of the doubts written down by Mother Teresa in what should have been private letters. It seems that as part of the Catholic Church's investigation into her beatification, the impulse to publish these doubts is not to be resisted by some. I don't believe that we should try to make anyone a saint, but that is only personal opinion. Do me a favor though, if someone confesses their doubts or sins to you in private, don't publish the words for all the world to see. I try to be very careful in sending out the prayer requests and they are not published on the blog site.

We need to remember to be discreet, and that is a part of that discretion that Solomon asked for. Keeping our mouths, or in my case, our fingers quiet about something may be of more value than running out into the streets with the latest gossip or "scoop". Mother Teresa is gone from us, let God decide whether she believed in Jesus or not, celebrate her good works and let her rest in peace. Why do some feel the need to destroy venerated persons or objects these days? Perhaps it is those dark times that we have been warned about.

Go with God on this day,

Bucky

No comments: