Friday, October 28, 2016

Whatever Comes

I am convinced this morning that whatever may come today, the Lord and I will face it together. Now, since my partner in this day has full knowledge of the day, and moreover, is all-powerful so that none can stop what He starts, what reason is there for me to worry?

And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! (Rev 19:6)

Omnipotent - all powerful, Almighty, the one who walks with me and sees me through this life is all of that. What can hurt me when my God says, "No"; what can stop me when my God says, "Go!"? And just where might He send me on this day?

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jer 29:11)

Whatever comes this day, I know the Lord has a great future for you and me. Thoughts of peace from the Lord, who could certainly be our worst enemy should He so choose, are a great relief to such a sinner as we once were. A future and a hope are those things we can trust in completely from the Lord our God. I am glad this morning that the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!

Have a peaceful Friday in Him!
Bucky

No comments: