Tuesday, October 04, 2016

What Do We Say On A Day Like Today?

Many a day will come when there is nothing that the world's best writer can write to make it all better for a town suffering some sort of calamity, economic or otherwise. Now, whoever this world's best writer may be, since he or she cannot find the right words to help y'all out, what the 'eck can I write that will help in any way?

Fortunately, I happen to know someone who commissioned a series of books and letters that may help you when things look just the wrong side of awful. I have read these words in the deepest darkness of depressed days, and I have been raised up to new hope beyond any ability that I possess in myself. I have read words about people very like me and you suffering terrible calamities that were much worse than my own, and they too were raised up to new hope and sometimes even new life when all seemed desperate, depressing, and despondent.

Some may complain that this 'writer's' words are too old fashioned, too hard to understand, or demand too much from us, but I have not found that to be true. When bad news threatens to overwhelm me, God's Word is the book I reach for. Whatever the world may dish out to us, God's word reminds me that He has not been removed from His throne, and never will be. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Bucky

No comments: