Tuesday, October 25, 2016

A Morning Like No Other

Hmm, it seems there is some sort of anniversary today, but probably not the one some are thinking of on this fine morning. Yes, this is the anniversary of the Grenada landing way down south where it is hot, hot, and humid, humid even on the 25th of October. I didn't stick around for the end of it; we had a mission in Beirut calling us eastward. However, that isn't the unique morning I want to talk about today. That morning like no other is the one when Jesus returns.

It is both biblical and our experience that life can go on for years, decades, and even centuries where things are pretty much routine. Things do change, but not very quickly. Then, like that night when Jesus was born these many years ago, (like more than 2,000 years ago) something changes in a way that makes the word 'change' seem kind of, um, like small change. That is the day we are talking about when Jesus returns. Change hardly begins to describe that day, and yet we have such a small concept of it.

What will happen on the day that Jesus begins His 1,000 year reign on the Earth? Who will be around to see it? Will He have orders for me, or tell me to go be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth? I don't know; I'm just little (relatively speaking) old me on this side of the future, looking with my limited vision into the fog of the morning. This morning also is like no other because the Lord has given it to me for building my faith, rejoicing in Him, enjoying the company of my Lord, and other things. This is the day the Lord has given, we will rejoice and be glad in it! (Ps 118:24) The day Jesus returns will indeed be like no other, but it is my job to live this day; and just maybe one day, even today, those will be one and the same!

Have a great day in Christ Jesus!
Bucky

No comments: