Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Truth Never Changes

I had breakfast, and now I'm ready for a little nap-nap. I don't think the workday is supposed to start with a nap, but perhaps we can find someone who will do a study that will support my hypothesis that a morning nap is good for us and increases productivity. It seems that almost anything can be supported by a study in this age. I'm sure that with the application of a truckload of money, I can buy a scientific conclusion that consuming 30 cans of pop per day is just right for good health and a slender tush. With copious amounts of 'grease' to the wheel, we can get truth to roll anywhere we want in this day. Perhaps the psalmist looked around back in the day and thought the same when he cried out,

Oh, send out Your light and Your truth!
Let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your tabernacle. (Psalm 43:3)

We need the truth that never changes, the one who will lead us back to God. Let us follow Him to where truth cannot be purchased, fact is not open to interpretation, and the joy of the Lord lives in us. Jesus is indeed the way, the truth and the life; let us find our certainty in Christ alone. Our hope is in God, for as the psalm ends, we find the voice of certainty asking:

Why are you cast down, O my soul?
​​And why are you disquieted within me?
​​Hope in God;
​​For I shall yet praise Him,
​​The help of my countenance and my God. (43:5)

Live in Christ, His truth never changes.

Bucky

No comments: