Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Write The Good News

Paul was the master at writing the good news. His letters to the churches and to his personal friends were masterful. Of course, Paul would likely be the first to tell us that masterful letters are because they are full of the Master. The good news of Jesus Christ flows from Him. I cannot generate it within myself; He must enable me through His dear Holy Spirit. Paul said much the same thing in thanking God for his faith: "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me." (1 Tim 1:12)

A sinner may teach from the Bible like an actor reading lines, but to truly teach from the Word we must be enabled by the Lord. All of us who believe in Jesus would have continued down the path to destruction without His intervention. None of us can be saved without Him. Not one can be counted worthy without His sacrifice on our behalf. In order to write the good news, the good news must be enabled within me by our Lord Jesus Christ. To preach the good news a pastor must be enabled by the Lord. Enabling, it's what He does in us!

May God bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you as you go forth this day!

Bucky

No comments: