Thursday, May 12, 2016

What Is He Doing?

The noise of the hard drive doing many read/writes is disturbing my morning peace. "What is it doing?" I ask of no one in particular. Due to the programming of the operating system and bios, our computers will at times take off doing something when nothing appears called for or commanded. With God, it is a totally different sort of thing. We often wonder what He is doing when it appears that nothing is happening in a particular area of need. We worry when God seems to be doing nothing. But is that true that our Lord is not busy as we deem busy?

Hebrews 1:3 tells us that He upholds the universe with the mighty power of His command. Ignorance might bring out a sarcastic remark to that, but the more we know about the physics and mechanics of the universe, the more we stand in awe of that mighty power of our Lord's. What about sovereign control of history? Imagine accounting for some 7 billion people arising this morning and going about the innumerable individual decisions of the day. How far will the consequences of those decisions spread? Who will be affected, moved, and perhaps destroyed by those decisions? How do I manage this mess they have made? While that answer is far beyond my ability; it is perfectly under the control of my Lord. How does He do that?

My Lord has just the right amount of time to love me. All the time in the world to be there for me. He is as busy as He wants to be. Perfectly content in being Him and happy in His job of being God. Nothing disturbs His repose, upsets His schedule, or causes Him a panicky moment. I cannot understand all that He does, but I can learn deep in my heart that He is God. History is His story and it has never been out of His control. The universe is headed right where He wants it, and it has a date with the return of my Lord Jesus. We need not fear. God has all those individual wills accounted for, and all that seems chaos and random is in His plan for the day. What a glorious sovereign is our Lord!

Bucky

No comments: