Friday, May 13, 2016

The Spirit of Wisdom

Where do we get some of that wisdom? I could use a goodly dose of wisdom on most any day you want to name. In fact, I have quite the palate of memories in which I can recall wisdom not being present in my words or actions. Searching for where wisdom began in the Bible, I was surprised to find it seems to have begun with the building of the sanctuary and clothing and other articles in the Exodus. Yes, we might well say that wisdom began with the worship of the Lord.

"So you shall speak to all who are gifted artisans, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments, to consecrate him, that he may minister to Me as priest." (Exodus 28:3)

That is where it all began: artisans filled with the spirit of wisdom given to them by God! The source of wisdom is God, and the start of wisdom was in the worship of Him. Makes a lot of sense when we pause from our busyness to think about it. That means when I need wisdom, usually right before I speak in many cases, I need to seek God and worship Him. Prayer is the great way we have of doing just that. Jesus even said that we should go that way when He told the people, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you." (Matt 6:33)

The final mention of wisdom is near the very end in Revelation 17:9, and this time it is about recognizing the enemy who is to come. Wisdom begins with the worship of God, and it ends with us being watchful so that we might give warning to those who are lost. Yes, a spirit of wisdom is my request from God on this day. With His wisdom perhaps I can store up less memories of those times when wisdom was conspicuously absent in my deeds.

Have a wise day in Christ,
Bucky

No comments: