Friday, April 29, 2016

To Remind Me of My Wrong

The question I have bounced around recently, perhaps a coming around again as Solomon observed, is: Why is there a 'w' in our word 'answer'? I believe I have the answer to that! It is there to remind me that I can be quite wrong. Yesterday, it was shown to me once again just how wrong I can be. I did not read a paper carefully and did not hear in the biblical way what was told me in a consultation, and I spent two weeks or more fretting away spare moments in needless and groundless worry. I was wrong, quite wrong.

However, God is good, and in that worrisome time I spent much time in prayer with Him. Good times, times of faith and worship, all because I was so very much in the wrong. Even my most egregious mistakes God uses to bring me closer and to have a time of more intense communion with Him. How does He do that?

I may be in the wrong or I may be in the right on any day of the week, but God is always good. I love the consistency of our Lord! A person may be found hateful or loving, but God is always loving us. A human might trust or betray, be trustworthy or false, but our God is always and forever trustworthy and true. An organization made by and made up of humans cannot be trusted, all will fail and fall in the end. But God is raising up a bride for His Son and she will be found pure, innocent, and without the stain of sin in her. God's church is a woman we belong to, just as we belong to Him.

I was wrong, but my God is always right!
Bucky

No comments: