Thursday, April 21, 2016

Zing! Right At Me

How many times have you read a morning devotional or sat for a sermon and found the message directed right at you. It seems that the minister or writer must be in your life in a most intimate way to know these things. What sort of spy network must he/she have to know this about me? Yet, I can assure you that is not the case.

When I write of a sin, I am not thinking of one of you and saying to myself something like, "Boy that Burt surely is a sinful one, I had better warn him of the error of his ways!" No, I don't know these things about you, but God does.

When I read a devotional in the morning (or any time of the day actually) or hear a sermon and that message hits right on the mark, I know that God has sent a zinger directed right at me. Sometimes it is breathtaking the accuracy of His messages to me. I sit and I wonder if anyone else even read the message that day so personal and pertinent is it to me at that time and in this place. How does He do it?

Of course, God knows me better than I know myself. And there may well be many others in that same boat with me on any given day. After a little wondering though, my response to the message is what must come next. For those messages especially must not be forgotten in the busy of the day.

Rejoice in the Lord! He knows us so well.

Bucky

No comments: