Monday, May 19, 2014

All is Not Darkness and Doom

Good morning! A new week with all of its possibilities has begun for us. What is going to happen this week? Well, if I knew then I could call myself a prophet. If I had the knowledge to produce a report on Sunday night that outlined even at a high level, for sure and for certain, Monday through Friday, I could bid my services out to the business world and be rich, and I'm talkin' really rich. But, we know that is not the case. Not that business wouldn't pay, but that I know just as much as the next guy over there across the street, and that doesn't amount to any certainty. All and any of my predictions could be easily wiped out by a new disease, a bout of flu, the spotting of an asteroid headed right for Earth, and mostly just by the daily events of a big world. That does not amount to enough 'for sure' to to sell to anyone with half a brain. Since my path to fame and fortune is closed off that way, I'm glad that faith and trust in God are still the way I chose to follow.

About 2,000 years ago, God gave the disciple John an outline of the end times. Before that time though, we were given four trends to watch for prior to that great and awesome day of the Lord. According to Daniel (12:4) we will see knowledge increase and people rushing about. According to our Lord himself at Olivet, (Matt 24:12) we will see lawlessness abound and the love of many grow cold. Now, take those four things and read any of the global news websites. See how many articles fit one of more of those four trends. Why, it's all the news! Or is it? Maybe it is just all the news that is given to us.

I believe there is also a force for good at work in the land. Goodness is of course one of God's wonderful characteristics. We know that the harvest is ripe and that workers are going forth into the fields. I believe a third Great Awakening is happening even now, slowly at first, but gaining momentum day by day. This time the awakening will extend globally. It takes a discerning eye to see it in the news we are given, but all that is happening is not limited to darkness winning the day. God has not left the world to the dominion of darkness. Our Lord has not given up on us. What a hope we have in Christ Jesus!

Bucky

No comments: