Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Where Did That Come From?

Good morning! A surprisingly warm day yesterday, praise our Lord! The question that comes to mind is: Where did that come from? The blessings from our Lord may come from out of the blue, so to speak. Sometimes, we don't even know to ask for a particular benefit or boon, and yet the Lord provides it to us when we don't expect it. Romans 8:26 tells us that the Holy Spirit makes intercession because we do not know how to pray or what to ask. Yet, we are surprised by sudden blessings. Well, maybe that is the way God wants it!

I like a good surprise gift, either in giving or receiving. Why should it surprise me that God likes to pour out an unexpected blessing? I have a tendency to look for the worst to come. Therefore, the unexpected blessing is more likely, maybe. I cannot use some sort of reverse-psychology technique on God; that will never work. So, the temptation is set aside, and the appropriate response is praise and gratitude. I expect that the unexpected blessing will often be the norm, for my vision is so limited in this world. Praise God for His lovingkindness to me and to you. Let us all praise His name for the blessings of yesterday, and those we do not see coming this day.

Thank you, dear Lord, for the wonderful day that was yesterday and for what you have for me today.

Bucky

No comments: