Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Duty Calls...sigh, Again.

Foofield smins! Eh? The first day of the spring time change is a sleeper; the second an oddity. But that third day, the Tuesday, that just seems to be one of tough adjustment. Where is my head? It feels misplaced somehow! Why am I trying to write this at 0554? Duty calls, things must be done, appointments to be kept call for me. The wind is coming up early this morning, that speaks of a change in the weather.

Sometimes duty calls when we don't feel ready. A part of our tribulations on this earth means that may happen more often than not. The call of duty gives a ring, and we give a groan. "In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:33) Whoa! I want some of that overcoming too. How do I become an overcomer in Christ? Well, I almost hate to tell myself this so early in the morning, but when duty calls, we must get up. When tribulations come to the door, we must answer. Endurance builds enduring faith, and those tribulations can be tough to endure. However, never, never are we facing the latest challenge alone. Jesus promised to never leave us or forsake us even to the end of the age. We need constant reminding of this because it often seems that we face the world alone. But, like the feeling that my cranium is misplaced this morning, that feeling just ain't true!

Have a glorious morning in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: