Saturday, March 29, 2014

Heads Up, It's The Super Mega Pack!

Oh, yeah! I'm home and ready to write. Now, what to write about on this fine, somewhat hazy morning at the end of March? I notice as my oldishness increases slightly each year, that some would have us buy more stuff. This comes up after my early morning trip to Wal-mart and the purchase of something called the super mega pack of paper plates, all 282 strong! I can only imagine the quantity Sam's must sell of the same item. This morning, besides the S.M.P., I bought mega rolls, maximum strength's, 1st Defense, 23 flavors, dual packs, triple packs, super size, and in case I might have forgotten it...the Original. With all of the super-marketing going on, I can see why I must be reminded of the original. Oh, and lest I try to ignore the seizing of muscles, two of the 38-lb multi-cat scoopables for 76 lbs of something soil-like for my cats to soil. I wonder if it would be easier to scoop the multi-cat outside to do his business?

Life is complicated enough these days, but it seems that even a trip to the supermarket must be made more difficult to get us to buy the stuff we need anyway. Super-mega Bible study anyone? Why then is the Bible the same as it has been for many hundreds of years? Don't we need new marketing terms for the Word of God? Should we be studying the new and improved Revelation? I suppose not, it seems that John said something about adding or deleting words from the Word. Plagues and other horrors were to be added to the one who thinks God's Word needs a little additive to make it go down easier or something. I write not of the different translations of course. Those are to help us with the changing idiom of plain old American English, which isn't plain or even static as the generations go by. Praise God that when He inspired and revealed His Word, it was good!

Have a great Saturday in Christ!
Bucky

No comments: