Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Serving the One, Assaulted by the Other

Good Wednesday morning to you! “I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own." John 10:14 A flock of sheep is probably easier to know that each individual shep. (shep?) The flock looks so much alike that we don't even have a singular word different from the plural, so I tried to make one up. Yet, we get the impression from this verse that Jesus knows more than just the flock in general, He knows each of us intimately. As individual sheep we serve our Good Shepherd because He first served us. Does this service put us at odds with anything or anyone? It most certainly does.

Why, I ask myself, should I be surprised that in serving my Good Shepherd, the wolf that growls at the gate now wants to devour me. I got it! If it's geese and goose, that means it must be sheep and shoop! Now I know why we don't use the singular word; who wants to be known as a shoop? Back to the point, knucklehead. That wolf at the gate is the world and its prince. The world system is now seeking to devour those who choose to join the flock. Does it seem that no matter what you try nothing works and things go from bad to worse? Welcome to the flock!

In the end times, the prophet warns that the evil one will prevail against God's people. The flock is going to suffer much as the Tribulation draws near. Those without the mark of loyalty to the world's evil system will not be able to buy or sell at some point. Do you find it interesting that after all this time, those who believe will be dependent upon God alone to provide for them? I wonder if they/we will see manna in that time. If we are still here at that time, remember to only gather enough for the day.

Bucky

No comments: