Monday, February 11, 2013

Submit My Weakness To His Strength

Good Monday! The statement seems rather obvious, but in practice it is not so easy. We want to bring our talents and strengths to God as an offering. 'Look what I can do for you, Lord! Aren't you proud of me?' Instead, after Paul asked the Lord to remove a thorn in his side three times, the Lord spoke to him of strength made perfect in weakness. That is to say, the Lord's strength in Paul's weakness.

We want to glorify the Lord in our strength, but God may want a different offering from us. In place of coming to the Lord asking for removal of our thorns, perhaps we should be offering our weaknesses to Him. Suddenly my weaknesses seem too many to list. From a list of problems in my life, I now have this tremendous offering to present to Him. The rich man made a large offering from his great strength; the widow made a small offering from her great weakness. Which one did Jesus say was blessed more?

I'll admit that I would like to be the rich man with plenty to give. I don't think many of us would say no to great riches. But God may want us to give our weakness as an offering. Financially, emotionally, or intellectually; our health, strength, habits, or whatever area of our life seems plagued by weakness, that may be the area God wants to work in to show His perfect strength. Giving our weaknesses to Him as an offering may seem backwards, but let us this day give it a try!

God bless and keep you on this great day of the Lord!
Bucky

No comments: